Electric Railways of Arlington, 1892-1941
This map shows each of the electric railways lines and stops within Arlington County from 1892 through 1941. It helps to show the increased connectivity of county residents to Washington and within the county. Trolley growth helped to encourage continued suburbanization and community development throughout Arlington in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
By 1924 Arlington's electric railway lines provided 64 stops within the County, 28 stops to destinations further north, 7 southern stops which connected to Alexandria.