Browse Items (1 items total)
Arlington Heights is a neighborhood bounded by Arlington Boulevard, South Fillmore Street, South Walter Reed Drive, Columbia Pike, and South Glebe Road. The area that would become Arlington Heights began in the early 1900s with the construction of 28 Craftsman-style Bungalow homes. These homes were located across 25 discreet subdivisions which came together to form Arlington Heights. From 1936 to 1942 construction surged in Arlington Heights with numerous brick Colonial Revival-style homes and a garden-style apartment being constructed within the neighborhood. The neighborhood also features one high-rise apartment building, a commercial building, a synagogue, a parsonage, a middle school with community center and two landscaped parks. The last major construction projects were completed in 1978. Arlington Heights was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.